- What: The 2021 Remembrance Tree Ceremony
- When: Sunday, Dec. 5, 2:00 PM EST
- Where: Virtually and Live via the Hospice Care Plus Facebook Page
- Why? Whether your loss was recent or not, the holidays are a time when those we’ve lost are especially missed.
- How to Request a Memorial Ornament: Online at our secure Remembrance Tree site
- What’s New? Memorial Slideshow. Learn more here.
- Is the Event on Facebook? Yes. You can find the 2021 Remembrance Tree Ceremony on Facebook
- Do I Have to Have a Facebook Account to Attend? No. Our Facebook page is public, so you can view the ceremony without an account. An account is only necessary if you wish to participate by adding comments.
HOW DO I PARTICIPATE?
- Request your ornament(s) by November 30 to have your loved ones name read in alphabetical order during the ceremony. If you request your ornament after Nov. 30, your loved one’s name will still be read aloud, but it will come at the end of the reading of names.
- Visit the Remembrance Tree Event Page on Facebook and indicate that you will attend. This enables you to receive updates, including a notification when the event goes live.
- Send a photo of your loved one if you wish to have them included in the Remembrance Tree memorial slideshow. Send photos to email@example.com by November 30.
- Visit the Hospice Care Plus Facebook page on Sunday, Dec. 5, at 1:45 PM. The event will go live by 1:55 PM.
- Join in during the ceremony by using comments and follow along with our program.
- When your loved one’s name is read, you are welcome to type their name, a message, or a favorite memory in the comments.
- Follow the directions for how to claim your memorial ornament(s) after the ceremony. You will find those dates and times on the invitation.
THE 2021 REMEMBRANCE TREE CEREMONY
One of our community’s most beloved holiday traditions is the annual Remembrance Tree Ceremony, with hundreds participating each year for more than 25 years. The 2021 ceremony will be hosted live and virtually on Sunday, December 5, at 2 p.m.
To participate, request your memorial ornament online using our secure form.
The virtual event will take place on Facebook Live. Be sure to visit the Facebook event page and indicate you plan to attend. That way, you will receive notifications about updates and when the event goes live.
Anyone can request a memorial ornament. There is no fee for ornaments, but a donation–of any size–is encouraged. If you wish to request your ornament by phone, call 859-986-1500 or 1-800-806-5492 during business hours. Proceeds from the ceremony cover the cost of the ornaments and help fund all programs offered by Hospice Care Plus. We understand that the pandemic has adversely affected the incomes of many families. If you would like a memorial ornament but a donation is not possible, please call 859-986-1500 during normal business hours and speak with Stefanie or Melanie.
The Remembrance Tree ceremony gives the community a chance to remember loved ones during the holiday season by placing a personalized memorial ornament on a remembrance tree. Hospice Care Plus sponsors the event as part of its bereavement program, which provides grief support services to the community.
The ceremony may be especially helpful for those who lost loved ones to COVID-19, those who lost loved ones during the pandemic and were unable to have or travel to services, and anyone who has lost someone important to them.
New this year is the opportunity to submit a photograph to include in a memorial slideshow. To learn more about the slideshow and the event, visit the Remembrance Tree online.
The live-streamed ceremony will begin with an opening reflection and holiday music and continue with the reading of memorial names. Hospice Care Plus staff will place memorial ornaments on the Remembrance Tree as the names are read. Guests who participate virtually are invited to use Facebook comments to type their loved one’s name as it is read or to share a favorite memory. (This option is only available to those with Facebook accounts. You can still live-stream the event without having a Facebook account, but comments will not be possible.)
Guests may claim their ornaments on one of five dates in December. If you are unable to claim your ornament on one of these dates, please contact Melanie or Stefanie at 859-986-1500 to make other arrangements. We apologize, but we cannot ship ornaments.
- December 5, 3 PM – 5PM, Compassionate Care Center (350 Isaacs Ln., Richmond)
- December 7, 1 PM – 9 PM, Compassionate Care Center
- December 8, 1 PM – 9 PM, Compassionate Care Center
- December 9, 9 AM – 4 PM, Hospice Care Plus Berea Office (208 Kidd Dr.)
- December 10, 9 AM – 4 PM, Hospice Care Plus Berea Office
For questions or more information, contact us at 859-986-1500 or firstname.lastname@example.org.