Hospice Care Plus held its annual dinner on Tuesday, December 9, and recognized several organizations and staff for their outstanding support of the hospice mission.
Each year, Hospice uses its annual dinner as a forum for thanking those who go to great lengths on behalf of the organization. Two sets of awards are announced during the evening: the Above and Beyond Award, and a set of staff awards. Staff are also recognized for reaching years-of-service milestones.
The 2016 honorees are:
ABOVE AND BEYOND AWARDS
These are awarded to organizations, businesses, civic groups, or churches that, for at least two years, go above and beyond to support Hospice Care Plus.
- Davis Law, P.S.C., Irvine, accepted by Rodney Davis and Kim Davis
- Ladles of Love with Church on the Rock, Berea, accepted by Linda Abney, Bobby Blanton, Martha Puckett, Pastor Mark and Mrs. Dana Sarver, Lorene Sowder, Nancy Clayton, Sam Cunnington, Carl Roberts, and Kim Carson
- Ruff Edges, Berea, accepted by owner Jo Brosius
- Rockcastle Fiscal Court, Rockcastle County, accepted by magistrates Michael McGuire and Shannon Bishop.
- Compassion in Action Award: Elaine Mundfrom, LPN
- Aspire Award: Kacelia DeGregorio, Insurance Coordinator
- Synergy Award: Housekeeping Team ( Ruth Crutcher, Sharon Newman, Brenda Saylor)
- Excellence in Care Award: Jodi Neal, RN
- Directors’ Award: Allen Marcum, RPh
Gail McGillis, CEO, congratulated all the honorees and thanked all staff, donors, volunteers, board members, and community partners for the multitude of ways they support hospice patients and families.