As a healthcare setting, we follow CDC guidance to reduce the risk of exposure to COVID-19 for Hospice Care Plus patients, families, visitors, and staff. The following guidelines apply to visits at our Compassionate Care Center.
Please check back frequently, as protocols may change. We will also share revised restrictions and protocols on our Facebook page.
Updated August 20, 2021
- We ask that visitors be limited to three at a time.
- Please limit minor visitors to children 12 years of age or older. Exceptions may be made when the patient is at the end of life.
- The Compassionate Care Center doors are locked at all times.
- Visitors should ring the bell when they arrive.
- One of our staff will meet you at the entrance to check your temperature and ask screening questions regarding signs of respiratory illness and possible exposure to COVID-19.
- The screening process also asks questions intended to identify if the visitor falls into any high-risk category, including exposure to nursing facilities with COVID-positive cases, having a family member who is COVID-positive, and any other factor that places one at high risk.
- Visitors who are COVID-positive, have tested positive for COVID in the past 14 days, or who have symptoms for COVID based on the screening form are not able to enter the Compassionate Care Center.
- Visitors who are cleared after screening will be asked to apply hand sanitizer, don their mask and other PPE as needed, and sign a visitor log before entering the facility.
- Masks are required. If you do not have a mask of your own, the screener will provide you with one. Please wear masks at all times while visiting the Center.
- This process applies to all staff entering the facility as well.
- NOTE: If more than three are visiting at a time, a staff member may ask for your help complying with the three-visitor limit. Please know that we understand how difficult these restrictions are. We regret them as well, but it is crucial that we limit the chance of exposure both for patients and for our staff, who need to stay healthy so they can care for your loved ones.
Please feel free to call in advance of your visit if you have questions: 859-626-9292 or 859-986-1500.